Mach 429 Trail
The greatest trail bikes do everything well, no matter what or where you ride, and Pivot’s new Mach 429 Trail raises the bar for amazing bikes even higher.
Our goal when designing the Mach 429 Trail was to create a new category of trail bike – one that takes advantage of the best features of 29 and yet maintains the performance characteristics that make you forget about wheelsize and, instead, translate to the “best-ride-ever,” every time you ride.
We produced many iterations of this new design, tweaking angles and measurements with each generation of prototype and ride testing every version until we created the perfect formula. The result? A bike with the incredible pedaling efficiency and small bump compliance of the dw-link® design, a slack front end and a short back end that is fast, flickable, and energy efficient.
To complement this new 29er formula, you’ll find Boost™ 148 spacing, our own hollow core, internal, high compression carbon molding and the obsessive detailing you expect from Pivot. Effortless trail bike handling, incredible power transfer and precise cornering are all yours, without compromise, in the perfectly balanced chassis of the Mach 429 Trail. It is the perfect choice for your next ride.
Pivot Mach 429 Trail: Alpine White
Pivot Mach 429 Trail: Electric Blue
Mach 429 Trail Features
• Full carbon frame featuring leading edge carbon fiber materials and Pivot’s proprietary
hollow core internal molding technology.
• New 12 x 148mm Boost rear spacing for maximum stiffness and control.
• Designed to work with forks from 120-130mm in travel.
• Fox Float DPS shock, performance tuned for the Mach 429 Trail.
• 29-inch wheels for the fastest laps and superior rollover in technical terrain.
• 27.5”+ capable!
• Easy to use mix of external & internal cable routing with Pivot’s internal
cable port system.
• Internal dropper post compatible.
• Cold forged alloy linkages with Enduro Max Cartridge Bearings.
• Highly durable rubberized leather downtube and swingarm protection.
• Pivot’s innovative new mid-travel linkage design.
• 116mm of renowned dw-link® suspension tuned for trail handling. (truly feels like a
100mm bike when climbing and a 130mm bike when descending)
• Post mount disc brake mounts for precision and weight savings.
• PF92 bottom bracket for light weight, durability and ease of maintenance. Co-designed by
Pivot Cycles and Shimano, now the industry-leading standard for high-end
• New Pivot removable front derailleur mount for a clean frame design with 1X and perfect
front shifting with Shimano’s side-swing 2X system.
• Medium frame weight: 5.9lbs including shock.
• Available in sizes S, M, L, XL for riders between 5’4” and 6’7”.
Tweets by @JetBlackCycling